Secure a Reduced Sentence with Our Attorneys' Help
Whether you have been charged with aggravated assault, battery, attempted homicide, or reckless endangerment, the violent crimes attorneys at Tipp Coburn Schandelson PC in Missoula, MT, will aggressively represent you and provide a strong defense against the charges. It is important to work with an experienced attorney if you are charged with a violent crime. Most violent crimes are considered felonies and can have serious, long-term consequences. Our attorneys can build a strong defense and will work diligently to ensure the charges and sentence you face are reduced to lessen the negative impact on your future. If you or a loved one is facing charges for a violent crime, contact our law firm today for a consultation.
Common Violent Crimes
Charges of a simple assault misdemeanor can arise if a person intends to cause another person harm, even if no physical harm actually occurs. Most other violent crimes, including aggravated assault and battery, are felony charges. Such crimes can have serious immediate and long-term consequences. Some of the common violent crimes we defend against include:
- Assault: The charge of Assault involves harming or threatening to harm another person, even if no actual harm occurred. Depending on the seriousness and circumstances of the allegations, assault can also be charged as aggravated assault or assault with a weapon.
- Attempted Homicide: If you act with deliberation and intent, or act recklessly with an extreme disregard for another human life, you can be charged with attempted homicide. To be charged with this crime, the prosecutors must prove that murder was your intent—not serious injury.
- Criminal Endangerment: This violent crime involves actions that put the lives of others in serious risk of physical injury. You can be charged with reckless endangerment even if you did not intend to cause another person harm.
- Self Defense: A person may use reasonable force to defend themselves or another, as well as an occupied structure, from threats. In order for this action to be deemed self defense, there must be an imminent threat that endangers the wellbeing of an individual.
Working with Tipp Coburn Schandelson PC
With more than 55 years of experience defending violent crimes and our extensive knowledge of criminal law, our skilled attorneys can provide you with a strong defense. In many violent crimes cases, the government will offer you a plea bargain. This often means they will offer to drop or lower the charges if you agree to plead guilty to a lesser crime.
Our attorneys can carefully evaluate the government’s case and the terms of the offer to determine how to proceed in your best interests. It is critical to work with an experienced attorney to avoid the serious consequences of violent crimes. These crimes are felonies and can have a serious and negative impact on your future. Consequences may include:
- Up to one year or more in jail
- Steep fines
- Unable to vote or own a weapon
- Ability to find future employment and housing can be affected
- Personal relationships can be negatively affected
Contact Our Law Firm Today
If you or a loved one is facing charges for a violent crime, such as aggravated assault, battery, attempted homicide, or reckless endangerment, contact our law firm today for the representation you require. The law firm of Tipp Coburn Schandelson PC will aggressively represent you and provide a strong defense to the charges.
“Torrance represented me in a very complex breach of contract/wrongful termination case ... Extremely knowledgeable and professional. I can't recommend him highly enough.” David - actual client